BID / ISSUE OPENS ON: NOVEMBER 18, 2009
BID / ISSUE CLOSES ON: NOVEMBER 20, 2009
Objects of the Issue: The objects of the Issue are:
1. Repayment of Loans
2. Acquisitions & Other Strategic Initiatives
3. Investment in Overseas Subsidiaries
4. Investment in Corporate Office & Upgrading existing Operations
5. General Corporate Purposes
6. Meeting Fresh Issue related Expenses
Requirement of Funds
Cox & Kings is the longest established travel company in the world. Its distinguished history began in 1758 when it was appointed as general agents to the regiment of Foot Guards in India under the command of Lord Ligonier.
The Cox and Kings brand has evolved through over 250 years of history and today is one of the recognised holiday brands that cater to the overall travel needs of an Indian and International traveller. Cox and Kings (India) Limited has won several awards and recognition including in the following recent ones:
1. “India’s Top Rated Tour Operator – Outbound” by the Economic Times & Travel Agents Association of India Travel Awards 2009
2. “Best Domestic Tour Operator” by TAFI-abacus Awards for Business Leadership in Tour Operating (2009)
3. “Best Inbound Tour Operator” by TAFI-abacus Awards for Business Leadership in Tour Operating (2009)
4. “ TravelBiz Monitor Most Innovative Product Launch” by TAFI-abacus Awards for Business Leadership through innovation in Travel (2009)
Business can be broadly categorised as Leisure Travel, Corporate Travel, Forex and Visa Processing. Within Leisure Travel there are three sub-segments i.e. Outbound Travel, Inbound Travel and Domestic Travel. Inbound Travel business represents destination management services that cover all aspects of ground tour arrangements required by tour operators across the world. Domestic and Outbound Travel businesses include selling holiday packages for travel in India and overseas respectively. Under Corporate Travel it offers a full range of business travel services through a team of dedicated relationship managers.
In India, it has 255 points of presence covering 164 locations through a mix of branch sales offices, franchised sales shops, General Sales Agents (GSAs) and Preferred Sales Agents (PSAs). It has 14 branch sales offices located in Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Kochi, Pune, Nagpur and Goa. Besides, it also operates through its 56 franchised sales shops spread across India to have larger access to our customers.
It has global presence with our operations in 19 countries besides India through our subsidiaries, branch offices and representative offices. It is a shareholder member of Radius Inc, which is a consortium of leading travel agents around the world. On the international map, Cox & Kings have its presence also through these 90 Radius members from more than 80 prominent countries across the globe with over 3,600 locations.
1. Weighted average Earnings Per Share (“EPS”)
Diluted EPS for the three months period ended June 30, 2008 is Rs. 7.31 and Rs 14.53 on stand alone and consolidated basis respectively.